Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Donna Hay Issue 46, Aug/Sep 2009

The latest Donna Hay magazine is fantastic.



I was flicking through it today, and it's great for a couple of reasons:

It's answered some questions I've had in my head recently:
  • How much gelatine powder do I need to replace gelatine leaves? (pg 71)
  • What's the best use of dried porcini mushrooms? (pg 67)
  • How to best make choc top ice creams (pg 70)
More than three recipes I'd like to try and I think are quite do-able (which is unusual), like..:
  • roasted haloumi, bacon and tomato salad (pg 45)
  • step-by-step creme caramel (pg 52), and variations
  • salt and pepper quail (pg 96)
  • roasted parsley lamb with cream potato gratin (pg 122)
  • crispy seafood with herb dipping sauce (pg 122)
  • honeycomb souffl├ęs (pg 138)
As a disclaimer, I don't work for donna hay, or am in anyway affiliated with the publication.

Check it out, this issue has got to be one of their best. Watch this space because I'll let you know how the recipes turn out!

2 comments:

Belle@Ooh, Look said...

I agree, it's a great issue. I've already tried a couple of recipes and have others bookmarked. Can't wait to see what you do!

shez said...

Y'know, I picked up a copy of Donna Hay the afternoon after I'd read this post. Because I'm so easily influenced & all. Great read - and thanks for giving me a heads up!

 

food.4.two | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates