Monday, August 10, 2009

Mamak (supper)

There are not many Asian places I like to go to to have dessert. About a decade ago, I used to be excited about getting some pearl milk tea - now easyway is around almost every corner, and Tea Inn at Kingsford isn't really up to scratch anymore.

I am so glad that Mamak is open til 2am on Fridays and Saturdays. There is nothing like a sweet Roti Tisu (sweet, thin, crispy) with vanilla ice cream, and a side of condensed milk (thanks to chocolatesuze for the tip!) to satisfy a late night sweet craving.



What we had that night..:
Roti Tisu $9
What else can I say? I always have it when I come here and it's also so fun to eat!

Teh Halia $3.50 - Teh tarik with a hint of ginger
The ginger is subtle, and you feel the warmth of the ginger at the back of your throat as you swallow. Perfect for a cold winter's night.

Milo tarik $3.50 - Malaysia's hot chocolate
Just milo, you say? I say definitely worth the $3.50 - better than some average hot chocolates I've had in some dodgy cafes across Sydney.

15 Goulburn Street, Haymarket Sydney 2000
phone: (02) 9211 1668
hours: Open daily, 11.30am - 2.30pm, 5.30pm - 9.30pm, Supper to 2am on Friday & Saturday
www.mamak.com.au

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks yum... nice photographs too :)
By the way I've never knew Mamak opens till 2 am :D

V

 

food.4.two | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates