Friday, September 11, 2009

Sideways Deli Cafe, Dulwich Hill

Good food, great choc-hazelnut cake, lovely service, all you want in a local cafe

This was an unexpected delight for many reasons. I sat down to a table with an old friend I was catching up with, and was greeted by the waitress - who was a girl I went to high school with! This girl and her sister own this excellent local cafe - I'd be very happy to call this my local if I lived in Dulwich Hill.

Second delight was the food. I got to try my friend's Corn Fritters with Haloumi, which was a fantastic combination with a tomato relish (I love tomato relish). I ordered the Lamb Moussaka (coz I was starving), a warm, hearty dish with a satisfyingly, creamy bechamel. I'm not usually a big fan of thyme, but in this moussaka, it was actually really good!

The highlight of the meal was the Chocolate Hazelnut Cake. I closed my eyes in delight when I took the first bite. I think I'll be back.



37 Constitution Rd, Dulwich Hill NSW 2033
http://www.sidewaysdelicafe.com.au
phone: (02) 9560 1425

hours: Daily, 8.00am - 5.00pm

3 comments:

Betty said...

Oh, this is so close to me, I'm definitely going to give it a try. The food looks delicious! Thanks for the review :)

Food.4.two said...

Yes you must, and let me know what you think!

Betty said...

corn fritters with hamloumi - you've got me hooked - i am going here the next chance i get!

 

food.4.two | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates