Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Coles Butter Chicken

I couldn't believe it when I walked into a Coles and saw fresh naan being made in the middle of the store. They were giving out samples of butter chicken and freshly made naan (heaven).

It WAS heaven, especially as the butter chicken was one of the best I've had. I say this incredulously, as I found myself licking the sample cup as I went around the store going about my business.


Needless to say, before I went to the checkout, I picked up a container of butter chicken ($8.50) for dinner, along with a $3 container of fragrant basmati rice. Oh, and I scored some beef vindaloo for $1.95 (on special).

Chuck in so 99c pampadums, and you've got yourself a meal for two for under $15!

4 comments:

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Wow, Coles is going all multicultural! :O And a pleasant surprise that it was nice too. I haven't seen these at my local Coles though-hopefully soon!

Food.4.two said...

Hi Lorraine, the Coles I went to was Chatswood Chase, will be checking out my local Coles soon,too :)

Anonymous said...

Just wondering about the use by date on these things. I bought one today 30 July and the use by date is 5 Aug 2010, so how does the cooked chicken stay fresh till that date and how long has it already been in the package?? Nothing in the ingrediants that state there are preservatives or anything.

food.4.two said...

Anon, I reckon it's like they cook it on 30 July or the day before and you need to eat it within a week. Doesn't say anything about preservatives...I guess you could always ask? :)

 

food.4.two | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates