This recipe is not exactly the one I was given at the class, it's my haphazard throwing together of ingredients for a pesto for two servings. It's really such an easy thing to make, there's really no excuse to not make your own.
one handful basil (approx 7g)
one handful baby spinach leaves
half handful continental parsley
a pinch of salt
1/2 clove of garlic
2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
3 tbsp olive oil
1. Boil water for the pasta. Once the water is boiled, add sea salt and pasta and cook pasta as per the packet's directions.
4. Place 2 tbsp olive oil in the pesto mix, and blend until mixture has a creamy consistency.
5. Place the pesto mixture in a bowl. Add the Parmesan cheese and 1 tbsp of olive oil. Mix well.
7. Keep repeating step 6 until the pesto is finished.
8. Serve with extra Parmesan cheese and cracked pepper.