Friday, March 12, 2010

Bathers' Pavillion Cafe

Beautiful venue, stunning breakfast
On a day off, we headed off towards Taronga Zoo to see the 7 month old baby elephant Luk Choi.
This was a perfect excuse to go to the Bathers' Pavilion for some brunch!  What a perfect venue - right on the beach, with the sounds of the waves lapping against the sand.

It was rather grey that day, but it didn't take away from the stunning location.

I love the bright coloured napkins - it's so..happy!
 Eggs Benedict with short bacon and hollandaise sauce
Smooth hollandaise sauce, that was subtle, and not too tart..yum!
Apple filled brioche French toast with cinnamon sugar, ricotta and raisins
Oh, this is how French Toast should be made all the time.  It was divine! 
There was not only the baked apple you see on top of the brioche, there was a soft apple puree sandwiched between two pieces of brioche.
(Although we asked for extra maple syrup, and were told we had to pay $2.50 for the pleasure)

The Bathers' Pavilion Cafe
4 The Esplanade, Balmoral NSW 2088

ph: (02) 9969 5050
www.batherspavilion.com.au
Opening Hours: Mon-Sun 7am til late (breakfast from 7am til noon, lunch/dinner menu from noon to late)

6 comments:

missklicious said...

Luk Chai is so adorable! And that looks like the perfect breakfast!

Belle@Ooh, Look said...

Everyone's gone baby elephant-mad at the moment! Luk Chai is a cutie, though. I've never been to Bathers Pavilion, but it looks gorgeous.

Helen (Grab Your Fork) said...

oh i love the napkins at the cafe. they do make you smile with happiness don't they? love the plumpness of the poached eggs - it looks like the yolks are going to burst forth any minute!

Lorraine @NotQuiteNigella said...

I do miss North side life at times like this! :) I used to live up the road from here *sigh*. I also love the sorbets and ice creams at the kiosk next door :)

Mark @ Cafe Campana said...

What a cute baby elephant. I would take it home as a pet but I don't think the body corporate would allow it.

A good hollandaise reminds me why I love eggs benedict so much. Pity a lot of cafes stuff it up.

letterstobetsy said...

that breakfast is making me hungry!!! I am not a breakfast person but really this is too much! If someone is cooking for me and it comes out looking like these dishes then I will have two haha!
xoxo
KC
http://www.letterstobetsy.com

 

food.4.two | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates