Thursday, April 15, 2010

ATL Maranatha Ayam Goreng Tulang Lunak

You've never had fried chicken like this.
This chicken is marinated, cooked in a pressure-cooker until the bones are so soft that you can actually eat them, and then deep fried.  It comes to the table glistening, with crispy chicken flavoured flakes on the side.

It beats KFC anyday! 

Ayam Goreng Tulang Lunak (fried soft bone chicken) - 1/4 of a chicken $8.00
It comes with a side of sambal, and rice is an extra $2, but still a bargain!
 Bebek Bakar Manis (grilled duck with sweet soy sauce) - 1/4 of a duck $10.00
This was surprising delicious!  The duck must be cooked in a pressure-cooker too because it was hard to distinguish the bones from the duck meat...and the sweet soy marinade had seeped well into the duck.
61 Todman Ave, Kensington NSW 2033 (Corner of Todman Avenue and Baker Street)
ph: (02) 9663 3410

Opening hours: Mon-Sat 11.00am-9.00pm, Sun 12.00pm-4.00pm, 6.00pm-9.00pm

4 comments:

foodwink said...

OMG, they look so great! Ayam Goreng 99 is usually my first choice when it comes to Indonesian fried/roast chicken, but I think I HAVE to try this soon.

Lorraine @NotQuiteNigella said...

This is so close to me! I must try that chicken tout suite i think! ;)

Jen (jenius.com.au) said...

I'm so fascinated by the soft bone chicken concept! I'm keen to try it out the next time i'm in the area! Thanks for sharing! :)

simauma said...

Hello!! My name is SIMAUMA. I write blog about the food.Please look.And I am glad if I link to your blog. (URL)http://food-collection-simauma.blogspot.com/

 

food.4.two | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates