Tuesday, June 15, 2010

No photo-taking!

I've come across a couple of places on Dank St, Waterloo that have a no-photo policy.  In fact, I've been asked to delete the photos I've managed to take (they've waited as I do it).  No photos of the interiors, of the menu of the food, etc.


























{Cameras ..//, originally uploaded by Only u*.

My friend was also showing me photos on her digital camera during our meal, and I had a lot of warning/worried looks from the servers of this particular place (which is located on top of a fruit shop)..ahem...

Has anyone come across this in their food adventures?  Any restaurants I should avoid bringing my camera to?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Which restaurant is this? Did you ask them why they don't allow photos? Places like these are way behind the times.....

Not Quite Nigella said...

Do you mean cafe Sopra? I took photos there and for some reason wasn't asked not to but I've heard that a lot of people are asked not to take photos there.

billy@atablefortwo said...

Ha! Interesting you mentioned it even right after you attended my workshop and I said never encounter such incident.

Will have to check it out myself one day.

bbsnoopy said...

Hahaha
i've had trouble at Cafe Sopra - I had to sneak shot everything in (e.g. pretend i'm taking photos of my friends but focus on the food instead).

shaun@everybodylovesramen said...

lol this is such an old post but i just had to comment -- the photo is your intellectual property as soon as you snap it -- so they have no legal rights to ask you to delete it. They CAN however kick you out if you refuse haha.

I like the instagram pics -- they're great.

The Fett said...

yeah I was about to say, I'm no lawyer, but when I had issues with owners and taking photos - when I researched it I was pretty sure no one is allowed to delete them.

 

food.4.two | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates