Monday, August 30, 2010

Lilianfels, Katoomba

We had a short break from the hustle and bustle of work and life, and got to stay a couple of nights in Katoomba - and it was freezing!  There was frost on the grass in the mornings, but the air was so crisp and cool it was incredibly refreshing.

One of the highlights of our trip was some afternoon tea at Lilianfels.  I couldn't quite justify $55/head for High Tea with my husband, but I could have little plates of scones, biscuits and pav!

The sitting room is so lovely and cosy, it was the perfect place to get away from the cold and to have an elegant Devonshire tea.  I think from now on, a trip to the mountains could not do without a cuppa at Lilianfels, it's definitely highly recommended.

Scones with clotted cream and jam.  
Comes with a pot of tea!























A selection of biscuits























Pavlova, with cream and berry compote























Lilianfels Blue Mountains Resort & Spa,
Lilianfels Avenue, Katoomba NSW 2780
ph: (02) 4780 1200

1 comment:

suki pooki said...

*drools* over your blog! It's delicious!!! I think I need to go for warm scones and devonshire cream now! It's delish, sometimes I manage to finish the whole serving by myself, and my poor bf is left to butter his scones or use jam hahaahaha but I know what you mean about the high price of afternoon tea!!! I've yet to pay 55$ for tea yet, but only because I haven't run across a place like that except for a hotel that requires a ferry to get to, thank goodness for that though!

 

food.4.two | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates