Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Danks St Depot

It's been awhile since I posted...it's been a mixture of busyness at work, and preparing for a new addition - coming soon in the next few weeks!



Well, I'm just biding my time until she makes an appearance in the world.  Work is over for me for a year, and I had a Spreets voucher to redeem at Danks St Depot (and of course I had left it til the very last minute to use!).

Our brunch (for two) started of with a plate of poached pears, with labneh and mint, and sweetened walnuts.  The labneh was fresh and delicious, and the pears wonderfully warm and tender.

We then had a choice of an egg dish each, and we both couldn't resist ordering the poached eggs with bacon hash.  I almost went the truffled scrambled eggs, but the bacon hash could not be ignored.

The eggs were poached perfectly, when pierced, the runny molten egg yolks flows out onto the plate - perfect to be swept up by the toasted sourdough that comes with the dish.  The bacon is moist yet crispy, served in cubes, rustically mixed together with roasted potatoes.


















With the deal comes an offer of 50% off all Danks St Depot cookbooks.  My only gripe is that I spelt my name for the waitress (she offered for Jared Ingersoll to sign the book I purchased), but it still came out with the wrong spelling *sigh*.  But no matter.  Danks St Depot is still a great place for a good solid breakfast.

http://www.danksstreetdepot.com.au/
1/2 Danks St, Waterloo NSW 2017
ph: (02) 9698 2201
hours: Sunday - Friday 9.00am - 4.00pm, Saturday 8.30am - 4.30pm

2 comments:

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

How exciting for you! I bet you can't wait :) I bought a couple of vouchers and hehe yes I also waited until the last minute to use them!

The Fett said...

It's with a heavy heart that I have to let you know that Dank Street Depot is closing.

They are keeping their small Airport location open; but the main restaurant will be gone.

Farewell to the most amazing Chicken Sandwich ever!

http://www.danksstreetdepot.com.au/page/danks_street_depot.html

 

food.4.two | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates