Finally, I come across a recipe that I can knock up with all the ingredients on hand. Melting moments. Thank you Women's Weekly Big book of Biscuits! And they were absolutely yummy and so easy to make. Only took me about 1/2 hour to whip up.
1/3 cup icing sugar
250g unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 cups plain flour
1/2 cup cornflour
60g unsalted butter
1 tsp grated lemon rind
1/2 cup icing sugar
3 tsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Beat butter and sifted icing sugar with electric mixer until smooth
- Stir in sifted flours
- Scoop even portions of mixture (I used a small cookie scoop) onto a lined baking sheet, about 3cm apart.
- Roll the portions into a ball, then press down with the back of a fork to form flattish discs. Approx 0.5cm high and 3 cm in diameter.
- Bake for approx 12-15 minutes or until firm.
- Cool on wire racks.
- Lemon Cream - beat butter, rind and sifted icing sugar in small bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy, then beat in juice.
- Firm up cream in the fridge if too soft. (1/2 hour)
- Sandwich biscuits with the lemon cream when biscuits are completely cool.
- Makes approx 12 sandwiched biscuits.